Thursday, September 11, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Ready



Joining in the five minute Friday unedited five minute free-write 

Prompt of the week: Ready

Ready or not, here I GO:

Here in hurricane territory, we talk a lot about being ready for storms. Water, food, candles, shutters and shelters prepared for the fury of the wind and rain. We can't always forecast life's storms, but we can be ready. We can prepare by filling our tanks with the water of life that will never leave us thirsty, by digging our teeth into the meat of the gospel, by looking to the light of the world, and wrapping ourselves into the strongest shelter there ever can be to protect us from the fury of sin and satan. 

"Are you sure you're ready? I mean, what if we didn't wait long enough? Do you think you're healed now?" 

Those were the questions my husband verbalized that had already been running through my head since I got a positive pregnancy test. 

The doctor said wait three to six months. It had been 4 when we conceived, nearly at 5 now (on Saturday). I took my iron pills, I never stopped taking the folic acid and prenatal vitamins, and I feel in pretty good shape now. It took a while to bounce back from nearly a month of bed rest combined with blood loss and giving birth, but I feel like I'm physically healed. 

The emotional part is harder. I don't know if I'm ready or not, but I trust God's timing that He won't give me anything without providing the grace to make me ready. I am ready, not because I have emotionally healed or the hurt is gone or I've gotten over it. I am ready because I know God goes with me on this journey, and He will carry me through. 

And I'll leave you with a song I've got on repeat over here tonight:


STOP.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet friend. May God bless you and strengthen you through your journey of pregnancy and healing. HE is sufficient. Through everything. May the Holy Spirit draw close as you continue to heal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, but remember to play nice!