Sunday, June 22, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Release

Yes, I'm a few days late for FMF - it's been a busy week and I've been physically and emotionally drained. But better late than never, right?

Five Minute Friday

GO

Tears are such a release. Some days the Bible reading turns into prayer which turns into tears. Quite often at church the songs turn into tears. Release is good. It is healthy.

I used to be one to stuff things in. To hide. To pretend like everything is great when it's really awful. To put on a happy face. Not anymore. I find comfort and beauty in the release. I find joy through the tears. I find freedom through pouring out my soul's dismay to the one who knows what it is to weep for someone you love. Jesus wept. The shortest verse in the Bible, but one of great comfort.

I love that I can release my burdens and fears at the feet of my savior. He tells us to cast all our cares upon Him and lay all of our burdens down at His feet. That kind of release cannot be found anywhere else. It is only at the foot of the cross we can find true and lasting release.


STOP.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, but remember to play nice!