Friday, May 9, 2014

5 minute Friday - Grateful

Five Minute Friday

Grateful

Go:

It's hard to be grateful when there are many heartaches. Yet even amidst the storm, I am grateful. 

I am grateful that God chose to spare my life even when He took my daughter's, because my other daughter still needs her Mama. 

I am grateful that the physical process was over quickly and the emotional and spiritual process could begin. 

I am grateful for the notes and texts and emails from friends and co-workers and church acquaintances and Facebook friends I had lost touch with years ago but who rallied around me in my time of need. 

I am grateful for the wisdom of those who have walked this path before me, though I wish no one would ever have to walk this path. 

Most of all I am grateful for a heavenly Father who knows what it is like to watch your beloved child die. A Father who is the God of all comforts and has blessed me with peace that passes understanding even now. 

I choose gratitude.

Stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, but remember to play nice!