Friday, May 23, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Close

Five Minute Friday

Writing for 5 minutes on the topic "close"
GO:

How can someone be so close and yet so far away? He is right there beside me. I can reach out and touch him, kiss him, hug him. And yet there is a million-mile gulf between us. A gulf filled with the ugliness of our sins toward each other. Our selfishness. Our anger. Our impatience. Our self-absorbed self-righteousness.

How can someone be so far and yet so close? She is in heaven. She is beyond the reach of my hands, my kiss, my sight. And yet, she is so close to my heart. She is in my every thought. She is held near and dear and beloved and sorely missed.

How do I bridge the gulf? How do I fill the gaping hole in my heart?

Only by holding Jesus close. Jesus, hold me close. Never let me go.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. This is deep and brave write. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I pray you feel the Lord's arms around you as He holds you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, but remember to play nice!