Friday, May 23, 2014

Walls

Face of Stone

This castle I've built up for so many years was built to keep you out. I cannot let you in. I cannot let you see the doubt, the fear, the pain, the sin. All you see is this faceless face of stone that protects me from the winds, but in the end the sun and rain still fall inside although I hide myself from you.

You cannot scale these walls,
You cannot break them down,
For you they will not fall,
They cannot speak a sound.

Sometimes I wish and dream I had not built these walls, I wish that I could scream and let these dry tears fall. I wish that I could let you in to let you heal my pain, my sin, but these walls are too thick and I've built them too tall for any, save one, to come in.

You cannot scale these walls,
You cannot break them down,
For you they will not fall,
They cannot speak a sound.

This one long ago defied the very gates of Hell. I know that only He can break me down, destroy these clumsy walls I've built, and make me new again. The one-in-three, it's only He can open up my heart.

He can scale these walls,
He can break them down,
Triumphant He'll come in,
And raze them to the ground,

And set me free from me to be whomever He desires,
Oh bring your fires,
Oh conquering hero, come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, but remember to play nice!